Senior Sales Assistant (Hamleys Expert)
Job Purpose Summary
Hamleys Experts will operationally assist the store management and motivate the team through clear communication, effective delegation and positive and constructive feedback.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be a role model, providing exceptional customer service by following Hamleys PLAY Service Strategy, creating a magical memorable experience for all customers
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge and share this with the team
- Actively acknowledge and approach all customers, sharing your product knowledge expertise to maximise sales.
- To demonstrate an ability to increase sales through highly developed selling skills & to coach Hamleys Helpers in this key area
- To deliver the service orientated approach to the Hamleys customer thereby delivering a high rate of sales conversion
- To support the team in exceeding all targets, objectives set and key performance indicators.
- Maintain high standards of visual merchandising and housekeeping to enhance the Hamleys experience
- To accurately and efficiently run all till operations, following all procedures and the 7 steps to success to maximise add on sales, coaching others as required.
- To be a buddy to new staff and support their training and induction into the business.
- To effectively communicate with all the team on promotional, operational & other key information
- To support Hamleys trading and promotional programme by helping to set appropriate targets for yourself and the team
- To implement sales promotions and price changes as directed by Management
- To provide a safe environment by implementing and maintaining the highest standards of Health & Safety, following the necessary H&S and security guidelines
- Communicate with the Management team on any operational challenges you face
- Effectively deputing for the Management team in their absence including opening or closing the floor/store where required
- To efficiently adhere to all Company procedures and policies
*** Please note that no list on this job description is exhaustive and you may, at any time, be requested by management to carry out any other task or activity as necessary to the smooth effective operation of the business.
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy
- Confident in own actions and fosters confidence in others
- Fun and friendly disposition
- Demonstrates standards of excellence and mirror this through the training of others
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity
- Strong initiative and self – motivation
- Determination to succeed with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- To promote personal credibility through working productively
- To approach all aspects of work with passion
Specific Job Skills:
- At least 6 months retail experience
- Numerate and articulate
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- PC Literate
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Ability to communicate team members views to the Management team effectively