Experience & Entertainment Manager & Supervisor
Job Purpose Summary
Drive customer engagement and experience by creating a magical and theatrical environment to all customers on the shop floor and those being welcomed at the front door. Ensure the smooth operational running of Children’s parties and private hire / company organised functions and other store activities.
What you will be required to do as a Hamleys Entertainer?
- To be engaging, effectively drawing the customer into the magic of the store making the experience fun and exciting
- Provide children’s Party/ private hire Guests and customers with first class levels of customer service and entertainment at all times.
- Deliver award winning customer service by following Hamleys PLAY service strategy
- Actively participate in supporting the goals of the store Management team, driving footfall by creating an element of theatre and enhancing the overall customer experience.
- Accurately and efficiently run all parties and private/company organised functions and train staff as appropriate
- Deliver service orientated approach to the Hamleys customer thereby delivering a high rate of party bookings
- Project the company image with a professional and positive attitude to internal and external customers
- Support Hamleys trading and promotional programme by organizing complementary events and performances in store
- Demonstrate effective communication and performing skills
- Gain product knowledge expertise within the history of products in the store, sharing this with the team and delivering your knowledge to customers/visitors during site tours
- Ensure a safe environment, following Health & Safety guidelines/ risk assessments for products, and to be aware of the security of the floor
- Self-motivated, fun &friendly disposition
- Enjoys working with children
- Innovative and creative
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Able to work to a tight deadline, under pressure
- Able to communicate with a range of audiences and understands which communication style is appropriate for situation.
- Ability to be a team player but also to work independently when required.
Specific Job Skills:
Displayed competence in performing arts
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Desirably will have experience working in an environment with a strong customer focus
- Ability to quickly build rapport with others
- Flexible in approach to work, people and working patterns