Head of Finance
5 direct reports (Accounts Payable x 2 & Assistant Financial Accountant x 3)
Job Purpose Summary
The Group Accountant plays a pivotal role advising on technical accounting matters and in monitoring liquidity and risk management related to the company's financial activities. The individual will be accountable for the accurate reporting of consolidated financial data, reporting and managing the company cash flow and preparing and analysing information for regular reporting to the Parent Group Company and leading audit and tax reporting processes.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities,
- Monthly, Quarterly, half yearly and annual consolidated management and statutory reporting to Group under IFRS
- The preparation of the annual audit workpapers and statutory accounts
- Responsible for ensuring statutory compliance including all Companies Act reporting and compliance with new IFRS standards
- Tax reporting and compliance
- Review of Balance Sheet reconciliations prepared by the Management Accounts team
- Working capital and cash flow management including responsibility of the accounts payable team
- Lead system and process improvements to streamline work flows and create efficiencies in the team
- Review the weekly cash flow forecast model and manage risks to the cash flow
- Management and oversight of stock costing and accounting practices and financial stock ledger reconciliation.
- Responsible for maintaining best practice Debtor and Creditor ledger management and processes.
- Monitor the efficiency of CIT services and control cash insurance limits (shop floor and back of house safes).
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Demonstrates standards of excellence,
- Excellent inter-personal skills,
- Smart & presentable appearance,
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving,
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity,
- Strong initiative and self – motivation,
- Determination to succeed with a ‘can do’ attitude,
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy,
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances,
- Innovative and creative,
- Ability to work to deadlines,
- Flexibility in approach to work,
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively,
- Works independently with effective time management,
- To seek and handle both positive and negative personal feedback,
- To show a willingness to learn and self-develop.
Specific Job Skills:
- Big 4 qualified with at least 4 years PQE
- Experience of accounting under IFRS.
- Experience in a similar role having done financial analysis and reporting with relevant sector experience, particularly a publically list company.
- Analytical approach to ad-hoc problem solving and reconciliations.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A proven ability to interpret key financial & operational trends and willingness to question the status quo.
- Practical knowledge of financial controls and processes.
- Experience with Corporate tax compliance and payments.
- High level of computer literacy, particularly proficiency in Excel.
- Business Studies, Finance or Accountancy Degree.
- Qualified accountant, preferably CIMA or ACCA from practise.
- Experience of managing and developing a junior finance team.