Job Purpose Summary
Hamleys Helpers (Sales Assistant) will deliver the Hamleys PLAY service strategy everyday whilst participating in all key store activities and operations.
What you will be required to do as a Sales Assistant (Hamleys Helper):
- Provide award winning customer service by following Hamleys PLAY Service Strategy
- Communicate with the Management team on any operational challenges you face
- To efficiently adhere to all Company procedures and policies
- Actively acknowledge and approach all customers with the objective of making a sale
- To project the company image in personal appearance
- To give a professional, informed description and show an in depth knowledge of your product
- To gain product knowledge expertise within all product groups in the store and sharing this with the team.
- Use every opportunity to offer additional items or alternatives to the sale
- Aim to exceed all targets, objectives set and key performance indicators
- Maintain high standards of visual merchandising and housekeeping to enhance the Hamleys experiencee
- Implement sales promotions and price changes as directed by Management
- To accurately and efficiently run till operations, following all procedures and the 7 steps to success to maximise add on sales.
- To use the Hamleys Spotlight on Me to develop new skills and enhance existing skills
- Provide a safe environment by following Health & Safety guidelines and being aware of the security on the floor
- To adapt to the ever-changing needs of the business with a positive attitude
*** Please note that no list on this job description is exhaustive and you may, at any time, be requested by management to carry out any other task or activity as necessary to the smooth effective operation of the business.
- Self-confident with a fun and friendly disposition
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Enjoys working with children and relishes the challenges that this may present
- Positive, can do, attitude
- Passionate about the brand
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Keen to continuously develop own knowledge and actively drives this
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Able to work to tight deadlines, under pressure
- Flexibility to work across varied hours and days of the week
- Able to communicate with a range of audiences and understands which communication style is appropriate for the situation
- Ability to be a team player but also to work independently when required
- Creative and innovative
- Adapts to change willingly and enthusiastically
- To ask for feedback about performance
- To actively look for ways to improve performance and skills
Specific Job Skills:
- Completed Hamleys Spotlight on me - ‘Bronze Book’
- Articulate & numerate
- Track record of demonstrating initiative to gain success
- To actively approach all aspects of work in a positive, productive, and professional manner
- Desirably worked in a retail environment with a strong customer focus
- Ability to quickly build rapport with others
- To complete Spotlight on Me workbooks within the required time frame
- Flexible in approach to work, people and working patterns
Be aware this position is at Stansted Airport in Essex not in London. You will have to be able to get to the airport for shifts of 03:45am.
This is a shift based position where you will work 5 days a week with a mixture of shifts of 03:45-12:45 and 12:30-21:30.
Shift based position working 5 days a week. Mixture of early shifts 03:45-12:45 and 12:30-21:30.
Based at Stansted Airport in Essex , England, we are not in London so please ensure you can get to the airport before applying.