Experience & Entertainment Supervisor
Experience and Entertainment Manager
Job Purpose Summary
To supervise and coordinate Hamleys store Experience and Entertainment team with responsibility for delivering bookable events and the Hamleys ‘experience’ through in store theatre on a daily basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To support the Manager in the organisation of the Experience and Entertainment Team rota/schedule and daily deployment, working closely with the team to fulfil the marketing plan, bookable and store events.
- As required by the Manager ensure the successful coordination and delivery of all customer parties and corporate events ensuring outstanding delivery and excellent internal and external customer communication.
- Actively engage with the Manager where required to develop the in-store experience, supporting the production of detailed event plans and briefs.
- Oversee and run Hamleys “Meet Father Christmas” grotto experience
- Service manager front of store entertainment
- To support the Manager with implementing the ‘Success Through People’ appraisal reviews and personal development plans – assisting with training and providing on the job coaching
- To regularly review performance against individual/team targets & objectives and seek opportunities to improve, with the necessary use of the resources and tools available
- To manage any conduct or attendance matters with the team, carrying out procedures such as Records of Conversation & corrective coaching, escalating concerns when needed
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of the best people for the Experience and Entertainment Team
- To support the manager in controlling costs and staying within any budget set.
- Manage the Events Cost Control Sheet
- General administration across all areas, including but not limited to sending responses to party bookings, taking customer payments, creating party plans, collation of shrinkage after each party/event, manage purchase orders for bookable events, updating payment and costs trackers; using the appropriate templates as and when provided
- General support on invoicing/budgeting
- To maintain costumes and the housekeeping of the experience and entertainment areas: changing room, party room and show spaces.
- To manage procedures for the cleaning schedule and planning the clean-up/pack down time at the end of each day/after every party
- To provide a safe environment for staff and customers, ensuring Health and Safety guidelines are implemented and maintained to the highest standards at all times
- To ensure the accuracy and efficiency of all jobs undertaken, adhering to all company procedures and policies
- Actively encourage communication and drive engagement to develop a one team attitude both in store and with the Support Centre
- Execute ad hoc projects and deputise for the Manager when required
*** Please note that no list on this job description is exhaustive and you may, at any time, be requested by management to carry out any other task or activity as necessary to the smooth effective operation of the business.
- Demonstrates standards of excellence
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Approaches all aspects of work with passion, a positive attitude and to lead by example
- Works independently with effective time management
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong initiative and self – motivation
- Confident in own actions and fosters confidence in others
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances
- Innovative and creative
- Flexibility to work across varied hours and days of the week
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively
- Good negotiation skill
- Happy to work in costume when required
Specific Job Skills:
- Numerate and articulate
- At least 3 in an Entertainment environment with experience supervising a team
- Experience in Events / Entertainment (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- IT literate
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Ability to communicate team members views to the Management team effectively