Hamleys has a long heritage of theatre and magic, our brand is synonymous with fun and making children’s dreams come true. Founded in 1760, by William Hamley we are a true British icon – our Regent Street store is a landmark in its own right and our entertainment team are a huge part of bringing this landmark to life.
We need a leader who can continue our legacy of theatre and magic and help make every visit to Hamleys Regent Street a treasured memory for families. As the Finest Toy Shop in the world, we need the very finest in our team, so we are looking for someone with at least three years’ experience in a similar role, and an understanding of how to manage and develop a team.
Working hard and having fun is the aim of the game, so you must be comfortable donning a costume and working closely with the team entertaining our customers. As well as working collaboratively with them to create theatre, events, and entertainment for the store by developing new charters, profiles, costume proposals, produce quality scripts and new performance pieces.
Based in our Regent Street store you will be working with internal and external stakeholders to maximise corporate, personal shops and party income, activity seeking new opportunities and ensuring the highest standards of implementation in store.
Here at Hamleys we work hard and play hard, we do work with toys after all! So, you will enjoy a 35% discount off instore purchases, 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) and a day off your birthday.
If this sounds like it could be the role for you then check out the job description and hit apply – we can’t wait to meet you!
Reporting Manager: Commercial Manager
Direct Reports: Experience and Entertainment Supervisor
Job Purpose Summary
- Provide effective management of all aspects of the department. Achieving world class entertainment, providing creativity and discipline across all areas, and to be an ambassador of the company’s brand image. To orchestrate the delivery of events in store and ensure performances are executed professionally at all times.
- Provide a high level of customer experience to customers who are looking for a personal shopper.
- To maximise corporate, personal shops and party income, activity seeking new opportunities and ensuring the highest standards of implementation in store.
- To support the marketing department in developing online content and filming in store.
- Review current entertainment and experience proposition and look to add new content and in store activations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional entertainment, events and customer experience
- Develop and create theatre, events and entertainment for the store by developing new charters, profiles, costume proposals, produce quality scripts and new performance pieces
- Develop and maintain corporate relationships
- Recruit, lead, motivate and develop the Events team to exceed customer expectation, consistently perform to the best of their abilities and create a magical customer experience.
- Oversee sleepovers, VIP tours and personal shopping
- Management of P&L for parties and the events team
- Ensuring compliance with department procedures and ensure that the team follow these with accuracy and efficiency.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager and HR to facilitate seasonal entertainers
- Support international stores by sharing expertise and knowledge with clear guidelines on theatre and entertainment planning an execution
- Demonstrates standards of excellence
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Approaches all aspects of work with passion, a positive attitude and to lead by example
- Works independently with effective time management
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong initiative and self – motivation
- Confident in own actions and fosters confidence in others
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances
- Innovative and creative
- Flexibility to work across varied hours and days of the week
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively
- Good negotiation skill
- Happy to work in costume when required
Specific Job Skills:
- Numerate and articulate
- At least 3 years in an Entertainment environment with experience managing, developing and leading a team.
- Experience in Events / Entertainment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- IT literate
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Ability to communicate team members views to the Management team effectively