Store Support Assistant
Store Support Manager
Job Purpose Summary
- To provide an efficient, professional and courteous first point of contact for visitors and staff to the store.
- To maintain the Store Support Centre to the highest standards in order to present a professional and welcoming image.
- To provide an administrative service to Store Support Centre.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To welcome all contractors and visitors in a professional and efficient manner, issuing visitors passes and announcing them to the relevant person.
- To ensure staff clock in and out correctly
- To provide a professional telephone answering service and relaying messages accurately and professional.
- To log calls with relevant contractor regarding issues in store.
- To monitor/react all radio calls that come into the Store Support Centre
- To provide a deputising service to the Store Support Manager and assuming his/her responsibilities in their absence
- To action requests for lockers, Keys, and Radios.
- Ensure the Store Support Centre area is kept tidy, safe and professional,
- To support the Operations department with any ad-hoc administrative requirements,
- To participate in other aspects of the administration functions of all Store Support Centre departments as required.
- Observing all visitors who enter/exit the building.
- Understanding the NET 2 system, Making access card and the reporting lost/forgotten cards.
- Dealing with contractors, signing in and a brief induction to the store.
- Staff checks to include random bag searches as required and staff discount checks.
- Full understanding of the fire alarm system, Fire Exits, Call points and smoke heads as well as what action is needed in the event of activation.
- Placing consumable orders with supplier e.g warehouse orders, Water, cleaning supplies as well as other ad hoc ones.
- Fielding and transferring of calls for departments,
- Administration support as required e.g. data input, reporting of all issues in the correct manner, completion of audit reports, First aid audits, Accident/incidents reporting, H&S quiz and Risk assessments.
- Working alongside the security team in store covering areas such as, Code Adams and various incidents in store.
- Basic understanding of Escalator, Lift, Sprinklers and other services to the store.
- Liaise with internal contractors, Cleaning and Security
Please note that no list on this job description is exhaustive and you may, at any time, be requested by management to carry out any other task or activity as necessary to the smooth effective operation of the business.
- Demonstrates standards of excellence,
- Excellent inter-personal skills,
- Smart & presentable appearance,
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving,
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity,
- Strong initiative and self – motivation,
- Determination to succeed with a ‘can do’ attitude,
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy,
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances,
- Innovative and creative,
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Flexibility in approach to work,
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively,
- Works independently with effective time management,
- To show a willingness to learn and self-develop.
Specific Job Skills:
- Good organizational & prioritization skills.
- Confident in dealing with people on telephone and in person,
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- IT literate
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically: Outlook/Word and Excel).