Head of Marketing
2 Campaign Coordinators UK
Job Purpose Summary
The Senior Marketing Manager is a key role in delivering the marketing activities and bookable events across the UK. He or she has a responsibility in the development of on brand marketing campaigns that support the key objectives of driving footfall and increasing sales. Works closely with the Buying, Design, VM, Merchandising, Ecommerce and retail teams to own commercial insights, create campaigns and oversee the Campaign Coordinators deployment of campaigns. The Senior Marketing Manager will be required to visit stores to support the Marketing teams deliver campaigns and bookable events.
Overall purpose of role:
- Delivery of the UK Marketing and Communication plans.
- Develop and lead the delivery of the Customer Trading Plan to deliver increased sales and profit.
- Responsible for delivering large scale Events, In-store Experiences, Footfall generating campaigns and Digital marketing
- Support and develop the Marketing team to deliver their KPIs.
- Development and implementation of Hamleys primary campaigns for the annual Marketing plan targeted at driving footfall and sales.
- Maximising brand partner investment in Hamleys Marketing across the UK stores managing through to implementation.
- Delivery of the Hamleys communication plan.
- Work with Buying, Merchandising, Finance, Ops, Ecomm, Design & VM to co-ordinate the on time delivery of customer marketing activities that increase sales
- Responsible for ensuring cross team buy in and internal communication of the UK
- Oversees relationships with suppliers, brand partners, media partners, (including third party partnerships e.g. hotel, theatre, VIP, Influencer and event agencies) and partnership plans managed by Campaign Coordinators.
- Oversees campaign performance analysis, marketing P&Ls managed by Campaign Coordinators.
- Draws insightful conclusions from both quantitative and qualitative data in order to challenge Hamleys brand strategy and commercial decisions.
- Responsible for generating briefing documents for the creative team to support the production of marketing material for specific franchise partner campaigns.
- Support the development and lead the delivery of the Hamleys digital strategy for the Hamleys Group.
- Support and develop Campaign Coordinators to maximise potential.
- Input and produce where necessary Marketing Brand Guidelines.
- Input into development of the Global Marketing Strategy with creative, innovative and practical solutions.
- Responsible for day to day management of defined Marketing team.
- Demonstrates standards of excellence,
- Excellent inter-personal skills,
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving,
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity,
- Strong initiative and self – motivation,
- Determination to succeed with a ‘can do’ attitude,
- Confident in own actions and fosters confidence in others,
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy,
- Maintains a positive frame of mind
- Innovative and creative,
- Ability to work to deadlines,
- Flexibility in approach to work,
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively,
- Approaches all aspects of work with passion, a positive attitude and to lead by example,
- Works independently with effective time management,
- Inspire, challenge and support colleagues,
- To develop others and give recognition instinctively,
- To seek and handle both positive and negative personal feedback,
- To show a willingness to learn and self-develop.
Specific Job Skills:
- Event and Marketing experience,
- Digitally forward – should have executed strong footfall generating digital promotions
- Experience managing a team
- Energetic and Creative,
- Excellent written and verbal skills,
- Understanding of retail marketing,
- Willing to travel to destinations in the UK and Ireland on a regular basis,
- Self-motivated and results driven,
- Organised, efficient with good attention to detail,
- Excellent numerical skills,
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Microsoft Office (Word PowerPoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of running Social media boosting campaigns a plus
- Can run google analytics
- Marketing or PR related degree (Desirable).
- Previous experience of managing a team,
- Performance management experience,
- Evidence of experience of succession planning and developing team members.