Senior Sales Assistant (Hamleys Expert)
Job Purpose Summary
- To efficiently assist in the smooth running of all aspects of the store operations and achieve targeted sales and company objectives through the use of KPI targets, excellent customer service, live demonstration, enhancing the overall customer experience and introducing an additional element of fun and theatre to the store.
- To be engaging, effectively drawing the customer into the magic of the store and making the experience exciting
Role and Responsibilities:
- Engage customers in live demonstration to deliver an exciting and magical customer experience, thus increasing sales and setting an example to the rest of the team.
- Gain excellent in-depth product knowledge within all product groups in the store and share this expertise with the team
- Interact with customers and provide amazing service by following Hamleys PLAY Service Principles
- To support Hamleys trading and promotional programme by striving to exceed set targets
- Increase sales performance of staff by coaching, setting targets and providing feedback
- To create the Hamleys experience by following Trading the Hamleys Way principles, VM guidelines and housekeeping standards
- To accurately and efficiently run all till operations and opening/closing processes
- To provide a safe environment, following Health & Safety guidelines and to be aware of the security of the floor
- Highly organised and can demonstrate great administrative skills, keeping reports and documents up to date
- Effective use of reports and KPI analysis to aid decision making
- Deputising for the Management team in their absence
*** Please note that no list on this job description is exhaustive and you may, at any time, be requested by management to carry out any other task or activity as necessary to the smooth effective operation of the business.
- High levels of enthusiasm, confidence and energy
- Fun and friendly disposition
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong initiative and self – motivation
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Flexibility to work across varied hours and additional hours in peak trading periods
- To promote personal credibility through working productively
- To approach all aspects of work with passion & a positive frame of mind
- To project the company image in personal appearance
Specific Job Skills:
- Experience in a retail environment
- Numerate and articulate
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- In depth product knowledge
- PC Literate
- Prioritisation, time management and delegation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Ability to communicate team members views to the Management team effectively
The successful applicant will be required to work from 3am on most days.
As the position is at Manchester Airport please be aware of the need to provide 5 complete years of personal and employment references.