To plan, effectively forecast, and place orders for areas of responsibility. Ensuring you are driving sales through improved availability and that stock is in the right place at right time to maximise full price sell through.
- Provide weekly summary of performance within areas of responsibility, relating to sales, stock, profit and promotions and markdown versus budget and last year.
- Monitor the performance of products within each defined category to give full visibility of product shortage, overstock, slow moving/obsolete stock and stock turnover within the category.
- Provide historical analysis to develop planning forecasts for areas of responsibility.
- To forecast line level sales for the season within the Range Plans.
- To ensure product is allocated to the right level and within OTB boundaries.
- To plan and place re-orders for all core and new lines to maintain agreed range and Division sales, cover and stock targets and to maintain a credible offer.
- To work with all suppliers and where appropriate the Asia sourcing office to ensure that all orders are delivered on time.
- Key contact for stores on inventory queries for areas of responsibility.
- Plan and manage the ongoing replenishment of all stores for the defined categories to achieve store cover and availability targets while operating within set budgets.
- To liaise with the warehouse to ensure that inbound and outbound priorities are set according to Category plans.
- To liaise with the warehouse to ensure that new and promotional lines are delivered to the stores according to agreed timelines.
- To identify risk and opportunity in season and trade the Category alongside the relevant Buyer.
- Partner with the buying teams to create seasonal strategies for departments relating to all KPI’S.
- To actively partake in stock risk assessment and terminal stock actions
- Demonstrates standards of excellence.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving.
- Confident in own actions and fosters confidence in others.
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy.
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances.
- Innovative and creative.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexibility in approach to work.
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively.
- Works independently with effective time management.
- To develop others and give recognition instinctively.
- To show a willingness to learn and self-develop.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively across multiple levels and departments.
- Has a minimum of three years merchandising experience in a FMCG / fast paced retailer.
- Actively seeks out ways to improve systems and processes.
- Is highly organised and has a proactive approach to planning.
- Has an eye for detail.
- Has a logical and creative approach to problem solving.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise effectively.
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- Is articulate and a strong communicator, verbally and in writing.
- Microsoft Office & Advanced Excel skill set and experience in using merchandising management systems