Franchise Support Coordinator
Head of Business – Franchise
Job Purpose Summary
- To play a key role in supporting the Head of Business, - Franchise International & assisting our franchise & wholesale partners; working effectively with them to help ensure that all franchise partners operate their business effectively, in accordance with company standards and the franchise agreement.
- Support and assist the expansion roll out programme of Hamleys Internationally through our franchise & wholesale partners; working effectively with the key internal stakeholders and the franchise team to help ensure new markets are researched and assistance with new store approval and openings.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Company, Franchise & wholesale Operations and Brand presence:
- Minute the weekly International Trading Meeting (tactical/operational)
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with partners, franchisees and key internal team members by regular communication
- Support the Head of Store Development with administration and ad hoc project work for International store openings
- Manage communication from the department internally and externally.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the HRC (Hamleys Resource Centre) and all other supporting platforms.
- Monitor compliance of these resources through regular communication to franchisees.
- Controller of the ‘Trading The Hamleys Way’ manual and all other operating manuals
- Identify requirements for additional support materials and implement where appropriate.
- Assist with the successful delivery of new support tools e.g. training videos.
- Successfully plan international conferences
- Develop and deliver Bi-Monthly newsletters to the partners
- Manage the brand immersion planner/agenda and arrange partner visits to the UK.
- Manage the Mystery Shop program
- Manage Head of Business (Franchise) diary and travel.
- Partner with the Head of People to coordinate all employees travelling overseas and own the creation and updating of country travel packs including updating travel risk information.
- Assist with the consumables checklist.
- Deliver commercial support to franchisees.
- Manage International trading calls and reports.
- Reporting: preparing franchise commentary for the monthly and quarterly board reports.
- Assist Head of Business undertaking research into new markets planned for expansion, through web, written and interaction with key networks.
- Organise and host visits for potential new franchisees in the UK.
- Manage new store and market approval packs.
- Assist with the new store opening critical path, keeping to agreed timescales.
- Demonstrates standards of excellence.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates a high level of professional integrity.
- Strong initiative and self – motivation.
- Determination to succeed with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Confident in own actions and fosters confidence in others.
- High levels of enthusiasm and energy.
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances.
- Innovative and creative.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexibility in approach to work.
- Promotes personal credibility through working productively.
- Approaches all aspects of work with passion, a positive attitude and to lead by example.
- Works independently with effective time management.
- Inspire, challenge and support colleagues.
- To seek and handle both positive and negative personal feedback.
- To show a willingness to learn and self-develop.
Specific Job Skills:
- Previous franchise work experience, plus retail management knowledge. (desirable)
- Strong organisational skills.
- Project management skills / experience (desirable)
- Methodical approach with a problem-solving mentality.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Able to be influential and opinion shaping towards everyone, in order to have an impact on the project.
- Someone who has dealt with different cultures and worked with language barriers.
- Multi lingual (desirable)
- Microsoft Office (Word PowerPoint and Excel) and SharePoint. Education:
- Degree educated in Retail Management/Business Management or similar discipline (desirable),